Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Farm Fresh Jalapeño


This was my first attempt at canning. Surprisingly, it was very easy. I was always scared canning was going to be this huge process and that I would mess it all up. This was the perfect thing to can for my first time. Now, we will have fresh Jalapeño all year long! These are homegrown Jalapeños which makes them even more delicious. 


Okay, I am going to share a little secret. I didn't seal these jars!!  I know that's not the normal routine when canning... but even without sealing the jars they will last a year! Skipping this step cut down on the time it took for the whole process. If you wanted the jalapeños to last longer than a year you would want to seal the cans. I didn't care to do that because I wanted this to be easy and quick. 

All You Need:

Jalapeño (as many as you want to can) 
Glass jars with lids 
White Vinegar 

So, what I did first was pour about 1 1/2 cups of white vinegar into a pot. You want to boil the vinegar so that it is extremely hot. While the vinegar is heating up, cut off or tear off the tops of the jalapeños. After that is done, stuff the jalapeños into the jars. Make sure there is no wiggle room. Next, use a funnel to pour the vinegar into each jar. Make sure every jalapeño is covered with the vinegar. Once this process is done put on the lids very tight. Then, let the jars sit out till they have cooled down. Once they have cooled enough place them in the fridge. Presto! That't it! You are finished! Now, each time you need a jalapeños just go in the fridge and take out your jar. Fresh Jalapeños every time! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10